In 1925 Theodore Ahrens, president of Standard Sanitary Manufacturing Company, donated $250,000 to construct a building, which was completed in 1926 with an additional $50,000 gift. The name of the school was changed to Theodore Ahrens Trade School. A second gift from Mr. Ahrens in 1939 enabled the Board of Education to construct an addition to the building. The twelfth grade was added and pupils could earn a high school diploma. The school then became Ahrens Trade High School.
Information taken from our 1965 Ahrens Yearbook
Return to Home Page