Ahrens Trade High School began 50 years ago as an educational experiment by the Consumers League of Louisville. For two years it's chief aim was to encourage prospective dropouts to stay in school and train for a practical manual skill. In 1915 the Louisville Board of Education took over the successful project and named it the Pre-Vocational School. Three years later the name was changed to Louisville Vocational School.
This information was taken from the 1965 Ahrens Yearbook
|Building Pictures by Jim Patterson http://www.louisvilleartdeco.com/architecture/Ahrens/index.html|
|The J. Graham Brown School is in the New (1964 north end) section of the building today. https://www.jefferson.kyschools.us/schools/profiles/brown|
Return to Home Page